Sunday, July 12, 2009

Can the RCMP Read Minds? C'mon.

From CanWest News Service:

A B.C. Supreme Court judge has refused to dismiss a B. C. man's lawsuit that claims RCMP officers read his mind.

[...]

RCMP Sgt. Dale Kjenhus had previously told the court that RCMP officers cannot read minds.

In his ruling, released Friday, Williams said he found Kjenhus's testimony "that he is unaware of the technique is not by any means proof positive that it is not used."


Surely, if RCMP officers in B.C. were clairvoyant, the tragic Robert Dziekanski tasering case never would have happened. I could imagine such a ruling on "admissibility" at the British Columbia Human Rights Tribunal (BCHRT). But at the Supreme Court of British Columbia?

2 comments:

Blazingcatfur said...

I lived in BC, I'm not at all surprised.

Osh said...

Hi Blaze,

Yeah, I've spent a fair bit of time there myself. Yet somehow these sorts of stories still make me shake my head.