Scott Feschuk, writing for Maclean's, offers these suggestions for how the Liberals might accomplish their 'sensitive-new-age-party' routine.
"Ways that Liberal MPs are being more polite:
- Everyone curtsies all the time. I said everyone, Dryden.
- For first four queries each afternoon in Question Period, can only inquire of ministers how their day is going and if their family is well.
- Henceforth required to use “inside voice” to slyly suggest that all Conservatives are intolerant homophobes.
- Old Liberal approach: “Will the Prime Minister admit he’s the bloodless spawn of Satan himself?” New Liberal approach: “Will the Prime Minister please admit he’s the bloodless spawn of Satan himself?”
- Liberal MPs can ask their questions only if they brought enough for the whole government. [I love this one.]
- Instead of doing one question followed by one supplemental, members now required to do one question followed by one hug."
So remember, Liberals. When you're voting, it's always fun until somebody loses an "Aye".