Friday, March 14, 2008

About this Blog

The title of this blog is derived from a Bob Dylan song "Lilly, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts" featured on the 1975 album Blood on the Tracks. I remember reading an article some years ago about a theme party in Australia -- 'Come as your favourite Bob Dylan character.' I always thought I would choose the Jack of Hearts, but honourable mentions must also be given to 'the Hangin' Judge (from the same song) or 'Napolean in rags and the language that he used' (from Like a Rollin' Stone).

No problem registering the blog name. But when it came to registering the URL, "jack of hearts" was already taken -- I believe by a blog on algorithms that hadn't been updated since about 2003. Damn!

Undaunted, I searched my mind for alternatives. For some reason an old ditty by the Australian folk singer Rolf Harris came to mind -- "Jake the Peg." And so, http://www.jakesjackofhearts.blogspot.com/ was born.

No comments: